Contacting an Inmate
We understand the value of being able to contact a loved in while at our Facility. We have multiple ways to facilitate communications. Please read below for additional information.
MAIL RECEIVED MUST BE ADDRESSED USING INMATES FULL NAME TO:
Santa Rosa County Jail C/O *INMATE FULL NAME* 5755 E. Milton Road, Milton, FL 32583
· Incoming mail is delivered electronically to inmates Monday through Friday, except for holidays.
· All incoming mail is opened and searched for security threats and contraband (such as money, checks, inappropriate photos, narcotics, tobacco, etc.).
· Mail sent by legal representatives is opened only in the presence of the inmate addressee.
· Inmates may receive letters no larger than a standard sheet paper (8.5” x 11”).
· Do not send cash or personal checks through the mail. Money in any form is contraband and will not be delivered to the inmate. For information on depositing money to an inmate’s account, see section “Inmate Accounts” under the “Jail” header above.
· Unauthorized items mailed to an inmate will be placed in the property room, returned to sender, or disposed of, as appropriate.
Effective 4/12/2021, all incoming personal inmate mail will be electronically scanned and delivered to the inmate via the in-dorm GTL tablets. The physical piece of mail will be destroyed.
Concerning important documents such as marriage certificates, birth certificates, social security cards, and pictures, please do not mail original documents. You should only mail copies of these documents or pictures that you do not need returned. Pictures may also be sent via GTL e-messaging (see below).
After an inmate is released, they may come to the lobby of the SRSO Monday – Friday during normal business hours (excluding holidays) and request for a printout of their scanned mail.
Effective 11/21/2022, incoming mail identified as “privileged” will be opened by staff in the presence of the inmate. The envelope and all the pages will then be copied on colored paper and given to the inmate. Once the inmate has verified that all pages we received and are legible, the original piece of mail will be destroyed in the inmate’s presence.
Inmates may call their loved ones from their housing units. Each call will be charged per minute as listed below:
· Intrastate calls (calls within Florida) are charged at a rate of $0.21 per minute.
· Interstate calls (long distance calls) are changed at a rate of $0.25 per minute.
· International call rates are published on the Global Tel Link Corporation website.
Transaction Fees – GTL may charge certain fees in accordance with the following amounts:
· Fee for automated payment for credit card, debit card, and bill processing fees $3.00 per use
· Fee for payment using live operator $5.95 per use
· Fee for paper bill/statement $2.00 per use
Fee for use of third‐party money transmitter (e.g., MoneyGram, Western Union, credit card processing, transfers from third‐party commissary accounts)
· The exact fee from the third‐party provider passed through directly to customer with no markup
Both GTL and Aramark provide e-messaging solutions.
Electronic–messaging services is an environment friendly alternative to allow communication with loved ones. E-messaging connects family and friends with inmates using a fast, low cost, and easy email style electronic messaging system. The messaging system saves time and money over traditional postal mail. All electronic messages are reviewed by staff. Benefits of using electronic messaging:
Faster delivery times than Postal Service
· Less expensive than buying a stamp
· Less expensive than buying an envelope and paper
To use the GTL e-messaging service, visit the GettingOut website or download the app, and create an account.
To use the Aramark e-messaging service, visit ICare Gifts and create an account.
By Video Visitation
Video visitation is operated by Telmate/GTL and is conducted via the GettingOut website, smartphone app, or visitation kiosks in the lobby of the facility. Each inmate is allotted two (2) hours a week of free visitation.
Visitation is monitored and will be terminated if inappropriate behavior, or other behavior which violates facility rules, is observed. Visitors are also reviewed for active warrants, domestic violence injunctions, no contact orders, and previous incarcerations.
Please visit www.gettingout.com for more information on video visitation