Ready to make a move?

WELCOME TO THE SANTA ROSA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE RECRUITING WEB-PAGE. ON BEHALF OF SHERIFF BOB JOHNSON, WE ARE GLAD YOU STOPPED BY. YOUR LAW ENFORCEMENT CAREER MAY HAVE JUST CHANGED IN WAYS YOU HAVEN’T EVEN IMAGINED…


Command Staff and Community Support

Community support is something we do not take for granted. We are fortunate to have citizens that “Back the Blue”. As Sheriff Johnson is known to say “98% of our community loves us. The other 2% are in my jail”. Command Staff often works patrol. Its not uncommon to have the Sheriff show up to your call. This is the type of support that makes an Agency thrive! 

A few things we’re great at

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, at mei dolore tritani repudiandae. In his nemore temporibus consequuntur, vim ad prima vivendum consetetur.

Competitive Salary

Competitive Salary -$40,268.80 – $43,617.60 Annually. This is dependent upon your years of service. Sign Bonus…See above.


Paid Holidays

We offer Paid Holidays, even if you don’t work the actual holiday. If you do work the holiday, its paid at Double Time and a Half. There are 11 Paid Holidays per year.


Paid Overtime

We offer 100% Paid Overtime. There is no “Comp Bank”.


No State Income Tax

NO Florida State Income Taxes are taken out of your check.  There is no income tax in Florida. Florida Sales Tax: Santa Rosa County sales tax rate is 7%. Florida State Tax: Florida does not have a state income tax.


Amazing Benefits

Benefits are FREE to employees. Family members can be included at reasonable rates. This includes Medical, Dental, and Vision. You have up to 3 Health Plan Options available to you.


Retirement

We offer the Florida Retirement Insurance. You can retire and collect a great pension. Retirement contribution is paid at 97% by the County and 3% by the employee.


Savings Plan

We also offer Deferred Compensation. This is a tax-deferred savings plan available for retirement purposes.


Salary Incentives

There are also Salary Incentives for Training and Education. This is an added benefit to your paycheck.


Lorem ipsum

Free Gym available at the main Sheriff’s Administrative Facility. This is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


Flex-Spending Account

Flexible Spending Accounts are also an option if you have a need for family health care spending and management.


Vacation Time

Vacation time? You get 96 vacation hours PER YEAR and 96 Sick ours PER YEAR. You may not need this at all based on our shift schedules. 4-on-3 off schedule with alternating weekends. You can get 1 week off every other month in addition to the 96/96 hours already provided.


Lorem ipsum

Free Life Insurance Policy for $25,000.00


Lorem ipsum

Credit Union – Banking Services include checking, savings, and loans.


Lorem ipsum

Free Duty Uniforms.


Lorem ipsum

WE OFFER 100% TUITION REIMBURSEMENT AT LOCAL COLLEGE RATES. CONTINUING EDUCATION IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF A MODERN DAY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.


Take Home Patrol Car

To allow to rapid response to emergencies, you can take your Agency vehicle home. 

These are just some of the great benefits of working at the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office. Along with upward mobility and Specialized Units, you have an unlimited potential.


Are you ready to make a change?

Deputies at the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office enjoy a wonderful relationship – partnership with our Citizens we swore to Protect and Serve. Leadership is the “Key” to a successful Agency. In 2017, Sheriff Johnson accomplished an unprecedented hurdle within his first year of service as our Sheriff. Deputies received the largest pay increase in the history of our Agency. It is the partnership between County Government and Law Enforcement which helps us make a difference within our community. As Sheriff Johnson is known for saying “98% of our Citizens love us. Unfortunately, the other 2% are our customers”.


For FAmilies, we offer the assistance of local agencies for job placement and assistance.  


Every Chamber of Commerce in Santa Rosa County has agreed to assist anyone interested in moving to Santa Rosa County to be a Deputy Sheriff. If you are interested in additional information related to real-estate, apartments, townhouses, or any other living quarters, you can contact any of the following Chambers:
Santa Rosa County Chamber of Commerce
5247 Stewart Street
Milton, Florida 32570
Tel: 850-623-2339
Gulf Breeze Area Chamber of Commerce
409 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL 32561
Tel: 850-932-7888
Navarre Beach Area Chamber of Commerce
2053 Fountain Professional Court, Suite A
 Navarre, FL 32566
Tel: 850. 939.3267
Pace Chamber of Commerce
4344 Highway 90
Pace, Florida 32571
Tel: 850-994-9633

Service Information you may need to come to Santa Rosa County, Florida.

Transfer Your Law Enforcement Credentials to Florida
Your Drivers License Information
Apartment Information and Locator
Vehicle Registration Information
Vehicle Insurance Information
Voter Registration
Santa Rosa County Schools
Local Crime Information


The Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer